Thursday, March 12, 2020

School district superintendent a finalist at Mass. school district

Windsor Central Supervisory Union Superintendent (WCSU) Mary Beth Banios has been named a finalist for the position of superintendent of the Hamilton-Wenham Regional School District (HWRSD) in Massachusetts.
Michelle Bailey, vice-chair of the HWRSD School Committee, confirmed Thursday that Banios is among four finalists chosen out of a field of 22 candidates by a screening committee.
The Hamilton-Wenham school district is comprised of 1,839 students in grades pre-K-12 and is located on Boston’s north shore.
In a March 11 letter to WCSU School Board members, Banios announced that she had “recently made the decision to explore returning to Massachusetts as a superintendent.”
“The decision is grounded in both personal and professional reasons,” Banios said. “I have just learned that I will be named a finalist for the superintendent in the Hamilton-Wenham school district in Massachusetts and that this will become public information this evening.”
“Regardless of the outcome of my exploration of opportunities in Massachusetts, I want to assure you that I remain committed to this district and the students it serves for as long as I am your superintendent.”
Bailey said the HWRSD position is being advertised with a salary in the range of $185,000 to $196,000. Banios’ current salary as WCSU superintendent is $140,000.
Bailey said her committee is expected to make a decision on the finalists at the end of March. On Monday, two members are scheduled to conduct a site visit of the WCSU district, she said.

1 comment:

Vito said...

“Regardless of the outcome of my exploration of opportunities in Massachusetts, I want to assure you that I remain committed to this district and the students it serves"
Why do I find that hard to believe? If you're so committed what are you doing looking for another job? That's hardly indicative of any commitment.